Sunday 1 May 2011

When We're Not Writing Papers

We are each individually writing papers in our living room. Melissa is sitting on the sofa, and she looks up at the open balcony door and laments,

Melissa: I'm a little chilly.
Sanna (punning unhelpfully from the table): I'm a little pepper.
Melissa: I'm a little tea pot, short and stout.
Sanna: Now, now, no need to be self-deprecating.
Melissa: I thought you were referencing the Dr. Pepper commercial, 'I'm a Pepper.'
Sanna: I had no idea, but I am delighted that I unconsciously referenced American culture. I have been inundated.

Sanna  googles 'I'm a Pepper' and watches the accompanying video.



Sanna: It's from the 70s. How was I supposed to know that?
Melissa: You know everything else.
Sanna: That's true.

I don't like Doctor Pepper.

No comments: